Very rarely is an industry willing to reform itself. But a diverse coalition of six CEOs from across the health care industry came together yesterday to form Health CEOs for Health Reform (HC4HR). The group brings together leaders from across the health care industry who share a unique willingness to transform their business models to create a more sustainable health system.
The founding six CEOs of HC4HR are:
- Bruce Bodaken, Chairman and CEO of Blue Shield of California;
- Lloyd H. Dean, President and CEO of Catholic Healthcare West;
- Kenneth Frazier, President of Global Human Health for Merck & Co.
- Patricia Gabow, CEO of Denver Health
- Gary Kaplan, Chairman and CEO of Virginia Mason Medical Center in Seattle;
- Nicholas Wolter, CEO of the Billings (Mont.) Clinic.
The CEOs unveiled their new coalition in an event at the National Press Club yesterday (video below) and you can find statements from each of the group's members in this press release. The group's efforts will be facilitated by the New America Foundation's Health Policy Program, directed by Len Nichols.
HC4HR is built on the following three principles: